Saturday, November 3, 2012

What The Hell Happened?

Hello. My name is Shawn Monrowe. I'd like to ask you a question. In a nutshell...

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THIS WORLD?

Allow me to explain my question.

When I was growing up, things were different. Now, I'm not gonna give the old "I walked five miles through snow to get to school" speech. That's not what I'm tallking about. I mean, in regards to entertainment. Lady Gaga? Justin Bieber? Kenny Chesney?

Done. Done. And Done. And to a much more memorable degree, I might add.

Any one remember...

Dee Snider? Wanna talk about insane make-up and costumes?

How about Tiffany "I Think We're Alone Now" Renee Darwish? (By the way, that's her real middle and last name).

I'm sure you remember Kenny Rogers. No? Willie Nelson? Surely you know Johnny Cash?

And do you know why you remember these artists? Because they gave you your money's worth. They didn't bombard you for six months untill the next "American Idol" (or as I remember it "Star Search") came along. They played with your heart and mind in a way that left you wanting more. Now, I know some of you reading this are going to think that I'm just picking on people that I don't like. There are a few modern bands/singers that I think are great. Katy Perry's "California Girls" was a catchy little tune. And Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats" had me laughing my ass off.

But I digress, there is no showmanship anymore. There's simply a line, three city blocks long, sitting outside your door, waiting for your hard earned money and five minutes of your already packed day. And they don't deserve either of them from you.

Having said what I said above, I'd like to address something else that I've noticed lately in the world of entertainment. When did the world become so soft and squesmish? Yes, now I'm talking about movies.

I've decided to give you more of a visual aid for this one.


                         Horror Movie




                      Not A Horror Movie





                      Revenge Flick



                 Not A Revenge Flick



              Comedies


                       Non Comedies


And don't talk to me about remakes or any such b.s. like that. Hollywood hasn't had an original thought since Bud Abbott and Lou Costello met Frankenstein. And that's a real shame considering that there are a lot of talented writers and directors out there who COULD do something that would make people talk and think. Not just shell out $ 30 to sit in a freezing cold room, surrounded by strangers and wondering who they should vote for in this years election.

(And by the way, why do they have commercials in the movie theather? Doesn't that defeat the point of going?)

Anyway, I will sign off now before I think of more things that make me wish I was born a slave to the "Leather Goddesses Of Phobos".

No comments:

Post a Comment